Civil Rights/Police Misconduct
Through our almost fifty years of combined experience in criminal law, we have observed that the civil rights and liberties of individuals are often trampled by law enforcement. We have recovered millions of dollars for clients whose civil rights have been violated.
Below is a sampling of some of our recent successes:
- $950,000 for New Jersey man who sustained skull fracture after being struck in head by police officer with baton.
- $750,000 for Brooklyn man maliciously prosecuted by Kings County District Attorney’s Office for a rape he did not commit.
- $750,000 for Harlem business owner who was assaulted and falsely arrested and maliciously prosecuted by police officers.
- $125,000 for Manhattan man falsely accused of possessing narcotics.
- $100,000 for Manhattan man falsely accused of selling narcotics.
- $600,000 for Chinese immigrant falsely arrested and maliciously prosecuted for murder he did not commit
- $81,000 for Brooklyn driver who was involved in a motor vehicle accident with a police van and falsely arrested for DWI.
- $100,000 for two Brooklyn men assaulted by police during their arrest who pled guilty to Obstructing Governmental Administration.
If you believe that law enforcement or the government has violated your civil rights, contact Siegle & Sims L.L.P. at (212) 406-0110 as soon as possible, as you may only have 90 days to file a claim. Call now and let us ensure that you are justly compensated.
Interested in our services?Get in touch with us