Siegle & Sims L.L.P. is an extremely successful criminal defense law firm in New York City, handling cases in the state and federal courts of New York, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island, Westchester, Nassau and Suffolk counties.
With years of unmatched experience working both within the law enforcement system and defending against it, Siegle & Sims L.L.P. has successfully defended individuals and corporations against a plethora of government and quasi-governmental agencies such as:
- The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- FINRA formerly The National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD)
- The New York State Liquor Authority (SLA)
- The Division of Alcohol Beverage Control
- The New York City School Construction Authority
- The New York State Department of Finance and Taxation.
Both Eric W. Siegle and Jonathan D. Sims served as Assistant District Attorneys in Queens County, prosecuting all manners of criminal cases, from domestic violence to narcotics conspiracies and organized crime. Mr. Siegle was a member of the Narcotics Investigation Bureau, was appointed a Special Assistant United States Attorney in order to assist in the prosecution of a large narcotics conspiracy, and also served as a Special Assistant District Attorney to the Office of the Special Narcotics Prosecutor. Mr. Sims was a member of the Organized Crime and Rackets Bureau for the Queens District Attorney’s Office, overseeing large scale investigations into organized crime. Mr. Sims also served as a Special Assistant United States Attorney in the Eastern District of New York, where he was won an esteemed award for Superior Performance as a Special United States Attorney, personally presented by Janet Reno, then Attorney General of the United States. You will find no two attorneys in the Greater New York City area with as much combined success and experience practicing criminal law.
Through their extensive state prosecutorial experience, Mr. Siegle and Mr. Sims are also street crime specialists who have many years of experience successfully handling all kinds of criminal cases, including:
- Narcotics Crimes
- Identity Theft
- Domestic Violence
- Sex Crimes
- Prostitution and Promoting Prostitution
- Tax Fraud including Cigarette and Tobacco
Over the past 19 years, Siegle & Sims L.L.P. has obtained incredible results for our clients who are charged with a litany of various crimes. Below is a sampling of some of our recent significant successes:
- Dismissal of Federal Fraud and Conspiracy Charges involving Fraud In Procuring Foreign Labor, Forced Labor Conspiracy (with overtunes of sex trafficking), and Visa Fraud
- Dismissal of Murder indictment against Manhattan man in Queens County despite full written confession
- Acquittal after trial of NYC school teacher accused of sexual assault against a student.
- Dismissal of Grand Larceny indictment in State RICO investigation against a subcontractor in New York County
- Numerous acquittals after trial of individuals charged with Criminal Sale of a Controlled Substance to undercover police officers
- Two year sentence for Westchester man on federal child pornography charges whose recommended sentencing guidelines were in excess of 7 years and was subject to the 5 year mandatory minimum sentence
- Misdemeanor plea and probation for Bronx man facing federal identity theft charges which normally is subject to a 2 year mandatory minimum sentence
- Acquittal after trial of Brooklyn man charged with drunk driving who was involved in a car accident with police
These unprecedented results evidence that Siegle & Sims L.L.P. always fights hard to defend the rights of our clients and will do whatever is necessary to obtain the best results. These successes are separate and apart from the numerous individuals we have represented through the years who have cooperated with law enforcement to obtain unparalleled results in very significant Federal and State criminal prosecutions. We are routinely told by prosecutors and law enforcement that our clients who avail themselves of this opportunity, are better prepared and more successful than most, and that it is an absolute pleasure to work with our clients in this capacity. As former prosecutors and experienced defense counsel, we are able to expertly advise and counsel our clients to achieve the best possible results whether through trial, plea bargain, or cooperation; the three choices any individual has when facing significant criminal charges. If you have been through the criminal justice system, you know how important it is to have skilled, experienced attorneys on your side who are respected by the judges, the court staff, prosecutors and law enforcement. With Eric W. Siegle and Jonathan D. Sims, that's what you get. We look forward to discussing the details of your case with you and explaining to you, in depth, how we can obtain the best result for you.
Interested in our services?Get in touch with us